Safe Handling of Medicines
This short e-learning course comprises two easy-to-follow units: an introduction and a study unit. The basics of ordering, receiving, administering, storing and disposing of medicines safely form the core of the learning with material covering record-keeping and a change of pharmacy also included.
- Changing to another pharmacy
- Variation of dose by phone
- Residential settings and domiciliary services
- Refusals, mistakes and adverse reaction
- Self-administration of medicines.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Identify the processes and procedures for obtaining and receiving supplies
- Explain how drugs are administered and how problems may occur
- Describe how to store and dispose of drugs safely and securely
- State the principles underpinning the proper administration of medication
- Outline the principal legal aspects of handling medicines.
The learning outcomes from this course may also contribute to nationally recognised vocational qualifications.
Buy It NowSafe Handling of Medicines
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online