Health | Social Care
NHS Continuing Healthcare 2013 Update - The Fundamentals
NHS Continuing Healthcare (Revised 2013)
This e-learning training course has been revised to reflect the new NHS framework and structures created by the Health and Social Act 2012 effective from 1 April 2013. The associated tools; checklist, decision support tool and fast track pathway tool which are designed to assist clinicians and practitioners with the decision making process have also been revised accordingly.
Aimed at frontline practitioners new to continuing healthcare, this elearning training course contains essential information about the National Framework and can be used in addition to conventional training in NHS Continuing Healthcare and is a useful alternative for those who prefer to work at their own pace and at a time and place of their choosing.
The training course contains a unit on the Decision Support Tool which helps practitioners make eligibility decisions.
Unit Titles and Descriptions
Unit 1 – About the Course
Unit 2 – Introduction to the National Framework
This unit provides learners with a good overview by introducing key concepts and points them in the right direction if they want to do more in-depth study. The information here is drawn from the full course which has more substantial learning material on this subject
Unit 3 – Screening for NHS Continuing Healthcare
This unit looks at the initial screening and referral process for NHS Continuing Healthcare. Learners can read about the process and download the NHS Continuing Healthcare Needs Checklist. This unit is useful to anyone involved in conducting assessments and identifying potential candidates for NHS Continuing Healthcare.
Unit 4 – The DST Learning Aid
This unit is designed to assist practitioners in the process of considering whether or not an individual is eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare. The unit introduces the DST, explains its contents and takes learners through the process of completing it.
By the end of the course, students will have covered a wide range of issues concerning eligibility for long-term NHS care, including:
- The key concepts of the National Framework for NHS Continuing Healthcare
- The responsibilities of the different healthcare authorities
- What happens if someone is not eligible for NHS Continuing Healthcare
- The screening process – when to screen people for NHS Continuing Healthcare
- The fast-track process and when it is appropriate to use it
- Applying the NHS Continuing Healthcare Needs Checklist
- The Decision Support Tool – its contents and how to complete it.
Full length version of this course also available.
Buy It NowNHS Continuing Healthcare 2013 Update - The Fundamentals
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online