Mental Health First Response
Mental Health Course Online Description
This course is specifically designed to support any individual or organisation looking to promote mental health at work. It’s particularly useful in laying the foundations to become a Mental Health First Responder or Mental Health Champion at work.
Our aim is to make mental health course training as widespread, flexible and accessible as mandatory training such as conventional physical Health and Safety training.
In addition to its value in Continuing Professional Development, this course may be used as an ‘online toolkit’ readily accessible as, and when, required.
Mental Health First Response is particularly useful for organisations finding it difficult to release staff for training and/or meet the expense of a two-day programme for staff.
We recommend employers use this course as part of a ‘blended learning’ approach which includes face-to-face training delivered by an accredited Mental Health First Aid instructor.
Who should do the course?
The course is for anyone interested in learning the first principles of mental health. Learners will discover how to promote mental health at work and how to respond to a colleague who may be developing a mental health problem or facing a crisis.
Mental Health First Response’ is based on evidence and guidance drawn from clinical and non-clinical sources including NHS and charities such as Mental Health First Aid England, Mental Health Foundation and Mind.
Key learning objectives:
At the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Recognise early signs of deteriorating mental health
- Describe common symptoms of poor mental health
- Describe constructive ways to open a conversation about wellbeing
- Identify risk factors associated with poor mental health
- Apply practical tips to promote positive mental health
- Apply listening skills in conversation
- Identify the difference between judgemental and non-judgemental behaviour
Buy It NowMental Health First Response
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online