Health | Social Care
Mental Capacity Act 2005 - The Fundamentals
This e-learning course on the Mental Capacity Act has been developed in association with the Department of Health. Its purpose is to update anyone with an interest in the mental health sector with the provisions of the new Mental Capacity Act. Our e-learning training course can be used in addition to conventional training on the Mental Capacity Act or as a useful alternative for those who prefer to work at their own pace and at a time and place of their choosing.
The course comprises two easy-to-follow units – an introduction and a study unit.
Mental Capacity Act – the Fundamentals introduces the subject, covers the basic issues and includes a post-course Learning Pack. The Learning Pack acts as a useful guide to the subject when studying off-line.
Students will cover the following key points:
- Who may act on behalf of another person?
- What is Mental Capacity?
- Assessing Capacity
- Sharing information and The Law
- The Public Guardian and Powers of Attorney
- Enduring Powers of Attorney (EPA’s)
- The Court of Protection
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocates
Buy It NowMental Capacity Act 2005 - The Fundamentals
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: Individual, Group, Organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online