Manual Handling - The Fundamentals
Pushing and pulling, lifting and carrying are seldom activities we pay much attention to. However, dealing with heavy and awkward loads – especially people – requires a careful and more considered approach.
This course addresses the difficulties presented by many manual handling tasks and provides detailed explanations of the issues involved and the correct approach in tackling them. Whilst geared to those whose job is caring for people directly, most of the material applies generally. It is often used as part of a suite of induction or mandatory training for employees.
The course is broken down into 2 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Introduction to Manual Handling
- Manual Handling (Theory)
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Define Manual Handling
- Describe the effects of gravity on their stability and posture
- Assess, avoid and minimise the risk of a manual handling injury
- List their own responsibilities as well as those of their employer
- Explain what manual handling risk assessments are, where to find them and how to use them
Buy It NowManual Handling - The Fundamentals
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online