This e-learning course comprises an introduction and two easy-to-follow study units. The importance of good hygiene and the ease with which infection can spread are key aspects, along with the importance of good infection control policies.
- Unit 1 – How to Use the Course
- Unit 2 – Understanding Infection and Hand Hygiene
- Unit 3 – Controlling Infection and Safe Waste Disposal
At the end of the Infection Control course, students will be able to:
- List common pathogenic microorganisms and explain why they are harmful
- Explain what HCAI means and why it is important
- Describe how the chain of infection serves to spread disease
- Identify key pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and explain how and when they are used
- Give key reasons why hands need to be decontaminated
- Deploy an effective hand-washing technique
- Describe how to break the chain of infection to prevent contamination
- Identify and comply with key components of infection control policy
- List their responsibilities as a member of staff
- Identify and separate different types of waste
- Explain the importance of handling waste safely
- Follow correct procedure when dealing with spillages and sharps.
Anyone interested in purchasing any of our infection control courses should get in touch today!
Buy It NowInfection Control
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online