General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Units one and two in this e-learning course cover the key purposes of the legislation providing learners with an overview of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), what they must do to comply with the legislation and the penalties for non-compliance.
Units three and four include a definition of ‘personal data’ and cover the new rights for individuals introduced by the GDPR and how the GDPR strengthens some of the rights that existed under the old Data Protection Act (DPA).
This course is designed for decision makers and senior management within an organisation. The Data Protection – updated for GDPR course is designed for all other employees.
The course is broken down in to 4 bite-sized units with the following titles:
- Introduction to GDPR
Complying with the GDPR
- The Rights of Individuals – Part 1
- The Rights of Individuals – Part 2
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Explain the rights of clients/customers according to the GDPR
- Explain the purpose and requirements of an Information Management Policy
- Understand the definition of the terms ‘confidential’, ‘personal’ and ‘sensitive’ in relation to data
- Recognise the purpose and content of an organisation’s Confidentiality Statement and Information Security and Communication Policy and the consequences of failing to comply with them
Buy It NowGeneral Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online