Fire Safety including Responsibilities of a Fire Warden
This e-learning course comprises an introduction and three easy-to-follow study units. The dangers of fire, the importance of safety, the role of the fire warden, and all aspects of awareness and prevention are covered in detail, along with scenarios that describe the realities of what fire can do.
The online materials include quizzes and activities to help reinforce learning as students work through the course.
- How to Use the Course
- Fire Awareness and Prevention
- Dealing with a Fire
- The Role and Responsibilities of a Fire Warden
Unit 2: enables learners to explore the three components that make up the ‘Triangle of Fire’ so that they understand what can cause materials to combust under certain conditions. The unit explains who is responsible for fire safety and includes several activities requiring learners to identify potential fire hazards in their work place and challenges them to suggest how to minimise the risks.
Unit 3: provides information and descriptions of the different types of fire warning systems learners may encounter in their work place. The unit provides examples of potential dangers and other problems that can be caused by false alarms and recommends ways of dealing with them. Learners also benefit from detailed descriptions of the different types of fire extinguishers, how to identify them and what type of fire each one should be used on. The unit concludes by providing guidance on how to take appropriate action in the event of a fire.
Unit 4: describes the responsibilities of the fire warden in the work place. These include carrying out routine checks of fire safety equipment, signage and exits as well as ensuring that all staff and visitors to the building know exactly what the safety procedures are. The learning materials also provide guidance about how wardens should react efficiently and effectively in the event of a fire so that everyone in their area of responsibility can reach the assembly point(s) quickly and safely.
On completion of this course learners will be able to:
- Describe the nature of fire
- List their responsibilities regarding fire
- Identify the causes of fire
- Explain how the triangle of fire works
- State what fire hazards are and how to minimize them
- Describe the different types of fire warning systems
- Outline the dangers and other problems caused by false alarms
- Differentiate between the various types of fire extinguisher and explain their uses
- Take appropriate action in the event of a fire
- React safely and efficiently in the event of a fire
- Fulfil their duties as a fire warden during an alarm or general evacuation
- Explain to staff where the fire alarm call points are
- Specify the location of all fire extinguishers in their workplace
- Help people to safety via the primary safety routes.
Buy It NowFire Safety including Responsibilities of a Fire Warden
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online