Equality and Diversity - The Fundamentals
This e-learning course, Equality and Diversity – The Fundamentals, is made up of one core unit. The purpose of the course is to emphasize the importance of promoting equality and diversity in all aspects of life.
The interactive online study materials, together with the downloadable factsheets, resources and workbook, enable learners to familiarise themselves with the Equality Act 2010. It explores the nine ‘protected characteristics’ identified by the Act and defines essential terms such as ‘discrimination’, ‘diversity’ and ‘stereotype’.
The course also provides tips for breaking down stereotypes, explains how to identify victimisation, discrimination and harassment, and examines the legal responsibilities of employers in relation to the Act.
The materials also cover the changes that the Equality Act 2010 has brought about and suggest ways in which learners can apply the principles of equality and diversity in their everyday lives.
on completion of this course learners will be able to:
- understand the meaning of the terms ‘equality’ and ‘diversity’
- identify the nine ‘protected characteristics’ covered by the Equality Act 2010
- define the four main types of discrimination
- explain the meaning of ‘prejudice’ and understand how ‘stereotyping’ can lead to ‘self-fulfilling prophecies’
- apply good practice and promote equality and diversity in your workplace
- list the benefits of a diversity-friendly work environment.
Buy It NowEquality and Diversity - The Fundamentals
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online