Data Protection for Schools - Updated for the GDPR
This course provides an overview of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the need for this legislation and how it should be applied in schools.
It includes definitions of commonplace terminology and provides easy to understand examples of how phrases such as data processing, data processors and data controllers apply to a school setting.
The course provides guidelines for secure and lawful management of data, and offers plain English descriptions of important rules around how much and what type of data your school should hold, when you will need to archive or destroy data and who is responsible for managing data security.
Suitable for use by all staff members, by the end of this course learners will be able to:
- Understanding the GDPR and why it was implemented
- Describe the difference between Data Processors and Data Controllers
- Establish and document a lawful basis for processing holding personal data
- Recognise the importance of Data Processing Agreements
- Complete Privacy Impact Assessments
- Understand the role of Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- Apply GDPR compliance measures in school
- Effectively review personal data collection processes
- Handle requests for data and understand what is meant by data portability
- Recognise data breaches and develop or follow notification procedures
- Explain the definition of ‘personal data’
- Know the rights of indivuals as prescribed by the act.
Buy It NowData Protection for Schools - Updated for the GDPR
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online