Health | Social Care
Compassion and Dignity in Care - The Fundamentals
This free e-learning training course is aimed at people working in health and social care. It emphasises the importance of providing person-centred support compassionately and in a way that protects and promotes dignity.
Students will be introduced to some of the basic principles of care provision in relation to treating people with respect, sensitivity and consideration. The course also explores methods of communication, the handling of sensitive information and the confidentiality code of practice.
Topics covered include:
- the meanings of the terms ‘compassion’, ‘respect’ and ‘dignity’
- how people’s dignity may be undermined by the type of care they receive
- how a person’s dignity can be supported when the following needs are met:
- Good nutrition
- Good pain management
- Assistance with hygiene and personal care
- Active participation
- methods of communicating
- key points of good practice when handling personal information
- the role of confidentiality in supporting dignity in care.
The online materials include case studies, quizzes and activities to help reinforce learning as students work through each topic. Learners will be asked to take an online assessment to check their learning on completion of the course.
To access the course simply follow these three steps.
- Complete the registration form (click on the Register Here button on the top right hand side of this screen)
- Enrol for the course by typing in the following enrolment key: FDVZGW
- Select the course by clicking on the course thumbnail to launch it.
FreeCompassion and Dignity in Care - The Fundamentals
- Course Duration : 330 Days
- Licence Types: individual, group, organisation
- Learning Method(s) : Online