Health & Safety & COSHH
This online e-learning training course encourages learners to explore their own attitudes to risk and references real life accidents from the past that have revealed the human, moral and legal consequences of not practicing good health and safety principles.
As they progress through the course learners will understand who is responsible for their own health and safety as well as that of their colleagues and visitors to their workplace.
The course provides information and guidance on identifying risk and the factors that should be considered when carrying out a risk assessment in the workplace.
A dedicated unit on the Control of Hazardous Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) is included providing information on identifying, handling and storing hazardous substances safely.
The study units are
- Introduction to Health and Safety
- Safety at Work
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
Learning objectives include:
- Your own attitude to risk
- The human, economic and legal costs of accidents
- Identifying hazards and evaluating risks
- The five key steps of a risk assessment
- The responsibilities we have to promote health and safety at work
- Personal safety and security
- The importance of COSHH in protecting the health and wellbeing of people in the workplace
- The different ways people can be exposed to hazardous substances
- Exposure control measures for minimising the risk of exposure to hazardous substances.