Anyone can provide First Aid and anyone of us may experience situations in which a little learning could preserve life.
This course is designed to introduce learners to elementary First Aid, helping unqualified first aiders to respond confidently to health-related incidents and gain an improved awareness of the hidden risks associated with accident and injury. Learners will gain a good understanding of how to treat minor injuries and apply the most appropriate first response to emergency situations.
The course is interactive, aiming to provide easy to remember information and spells out the do’s and don’ts in a range of common scenarios. Learning is embedded with regular knowledge checks leading to a final assessment.
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of a First Aider
- Identify basic First Aid treatments for common injuries
- Understand their employer’s responsibility for workplace First Aid provision
- Discuss the fundamentals of First Aid including CPR and the use of AED
- Correctly stock and store an effective First Aid kit