Understand Employment Responsibilities & Rights (Level 2 Award)
This e-learning training course is aimed at those working, or preparing to work, in a wide range of settings in the health, social care and children and young people’s sector. This qualification provides the knowledge to equip learners with an understanding of the sector and their role within it. It is designed for learners working towards an apprenticeship and is divided into five units that cover the learning outcomes of the Award.
- Rights, responsibilities and the law (statutory responsibilities and rights of employees and employers)
- Roles and responsibilities (awareness of your own occupational role in relation to your organisation)
- Your role in the wider sector (how your role fits into the health and social care sector as a whole)
- Career pathways
- Effects of public concern (issues of public concern and how these may influence changes in the sector).
Learning Objectives: at the end of the course, students will be able to:
- List the aspects of employment covered by law
- Identify the main features of employment legislation
- Explain the purpose of employment legislation
- Outline standards that relate to working in the health and social care sector
- Describe the terms and conditions of their contract
- Identify the information that must appear on pay statements
- Explain the grievance procedure to follow
- List the details that must be kept up-to-date in their records
- Describe the organisation’s agreed ways of working
- Describe what applying good practice means in the context of their role
- Identify how their role fits into the service provided by the wider sector
- List some of the supportive and representative organisations
- Outline some of the roles played by representative organisations
- Identify the sources of information available in relation to career development
- Describe their career path and personal development
- Outline some of the failings in the health and social care sector which have raised public concerns
- Explain the importance of learning from mistakes that have been made
- Describe some aspects of public opinion about the sector
- Explain how a lack of public trust in the sector can affect staff
- Describe how issues of public concern have affected agreed ways of working.
The online materials include quizzes and activities to help reinforce learning as students work through the course.
A workbook is included for each part of the training course. They contain questions and exercises covering all 40 learning outcomes. These can be completed on-screen or printed out and filled in by hand. Completion and manager sign-off provides evidence towards meeting the knowledge requirements of each of the units.
Qualification credit value = 3 credits
QCF Level 2
(There aren’t any specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.)
In order to achieve the full qualification from an awarding body the learner must register with an approved centre who will provide full learner support and official certification. The price quoted here is for the e-learning course only.
This qualification conforms to the requirements of the new QCF (Qualifications and Credit Framework).
This course is available FREE to qualifying care homes. Call us now.