Career Ahead - The Fundamentals
This free e-learning course will give you a good foundation in preparing and implementing an effective job search strategy. At the end of the course, once you have completed the online assessment, you will be able to download a certificate of achievement.
This course offers a guarantee that if you follow the activities recommended, you will increase your chances of finding a job. Not just any job, but one that suits you.
Unit Titles and Descriptions
Unit 1 - How to Use the Course
Unit 2 - Choosing a Path
This unit will help you to build your confidence as you prepare yourself for finding a new job. The activities you will be asked to complete will highlight your interests, identify and focus on your strengths and clarify your ambitions. It will also enable you to start building up a picture of where you are now and what your short- and long-term goals are.
Unit 3 - Gizza Job
This unit is for anyone looking for a job or for a work experience placement. As you work through the screens, you will be asked to answer questions about yourself; what you want from work and, ultimately, what you want out of life. Information from the activities will be stored in your Portfolio to help you build a picture of where you want to be and the type of work you're looking for. Completing this unit will boost your chances of getting not any old job, but the right one for you.
The topics include:
- Identifying the kind of work that suits you
- Setting realistic job goals
- Responding to common myths about job hunting
- Identifying ways to overcome common barriers to find work.
Learning Objectives: at the end of the course, students will be able to:
- summarise your interests and strengths
- visualise where you would like to be in 5 years' time
- identify the kind of work that suits you
- list realistic job and career goals
- identify the most effective ways of searching for jobs
- identify the most effective methods of finding work
- identify some common barriers to finding work
- summarise the support you can draw on to help you find work.
To access the course simply follow these three steps.
- Complete the registration form (click on the Register Here button on the top right hand side of this screen)
- Enrol for the course by typing in the following enrolment key: SPJUVT
- Select the course by clicking on the course thumbnail to launch it.